Zoom Chapter Meeting
Resources and Options
with Barry Davis, Divorce Mediator
This presentation will give therapists an understanding of the divorce process as well as helpful resources to share with their clients. Barry delivers this information in a very interactive and informal manner that encourages questions and a high level of participation. We will cover:
1. The Basics of Divorce - what therapists need to know about the process
2. Non-Adversarial Approaches to Divorce - such as divorce mediation
3. Online and Literature Resources - resources for both professionals and clients
The presentation roughly breaks down into three sections:
- Family Law 101 - this gives professionals an understanding of the divorce process as well as the specific issues that need to be addressed to complete a divorce. We will cover the three main areas of a divorce: 1. Parenting Plan, 2. Division of Property and 3. Support (both spousal and child support)
- Non-Adversarial Approaches to Divorce - in this section we go into some detail regarding the mediation processes. We will address the fundamental aspects of mediation as well as answer questions from the participants.
- Divorce Resources - this includes associated professionals, literature and internet resources. We will cover information regarding multiple types of resources to help clients better manage their divorce.
Participants will be able to:
1. List and define the three main categories involved in the legal divorce process.
2. Identify the differences between litigated, adversarial divorces and mediated, cooperative divorces including research on the impact on children of divorce.
3. Have numerous online and literature resources to provide directly to their clients to help them with their divorce.
Barry Davis, Divorce Mediator guides his clients through the divorce process in the most peaceful, affordable manner possible by helping them keep their focus on their children and their long-term interests. His Masters Degrees in Clinical Psychology and Conflict Management equip him with an exceptional understanding of how people respond under stress as well as practical ways to help them move beyond short-term reactivity. His website is www.DavisMediation.com and his YouTube channel is www.youtube.com/c/barrydavisdivorcemediation. When he is not mediating, Barry enjoys anything outdoors including skiing, hiking and paddle-boarding and has been a Whitewater rafting guide for 26 years.
Meetings Are Now FREE
For LBSB CAMFT Members Who Pre-Register!
Participants Will Receive 2 CEU's Via Email
- 9:00 A.M. Announcements from President & Members
- 9:15 A.M. Presentation Begins
- 11:15 A.M. Presentation Ends, Optional Networking Begins
- 11:35 A.M. Board Meeting Begins
For questions regarding CEU's contact Diane Bagatourian,
Co-Director of Programs: firstname.lastname@example.org